This week OpenAI, the AI research and deployment company released their latest API platform to the public without previous waiting-lists. Allowing AI developers globally ability to research, develop and publish using the AI text generation platform. Binding AI tools together into an AI creation pipeline, the makers of FABLE (see below) created this short animated character.
GPT-3 provides developers with the ability to generate natural language from AI. GPT-3 requires a the human user to input a text request such “Create promo copy for the FamilyTime mobile application. It allows unlimited uploading, special filters and makes it easy to create albums of photos and videos. It runs on iOS and Android:” GPT-3 outputs the results resulting in the desired text, while harnessing the AI model, that has learned to provide the correct tone and language whilst also providing all previous information provided. The model is trained to do this by – reading the internet.
- User Input text – Create promo copy for the FamilyTime mobile application. It allows unlimited uploading, special filters and makes it easy to create albums of photos and videos. It runs on iOS and Android:
- GPT-3 Ouput – FamilyTime is the perfect app to share and create memories with your family. FamilyTime is a free, unlimited photo and video editor that allows you to create albums of your memories. It has a special filter for the perfect summer look and is so simple to use.
- User Input text – Write a creative ad for GODBOX to run on Facebook:
- The future is here. GODBOX is a computer that‘s developed for building the Metaverse. GODBOX is verified to power real–time 3D visual engines, Omniverse, Unreal Engine and Unity. GODBOX is aimed at VFX Companies, Creative Agencies and VR/AR developers. The future is here.
AI natural language text generation.
The announcement comes with the recent release of GPT-3 Bringing a multitude of new and improved features. Since the original release of the OpenAI API in February the platform has powered over 300 applications and built a network of 10000+ developers, all generating an average of 4.5 billion words a day.
Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3) is an autoregressive language model that uses deep learning to produce human-like text. It is the third-generation language prediction model in the GPT-n series (and the successor to GPT-2). The New GPT-3 API allows users to use a minimal amount of example texts (as little as 5 prompts) before starting the generation process.
New GPT-3 Features
The OpenAI team is continually improving the platform as they scale access, providing a variety of tools from implementation of content filters to offering new features for developers like the recently launched Classifications endpoints and prompt libraries.
See the Full list of GPT-3 released features below:
- Answers endpoint – Searches provided information (documents, knowledge bases etc.) for relevant context to be added to the prompt before completing with GPT-3. Designed to aid in the development of intelligent customer support bots.
- Classifications endpoint – Can leverage labelled training data without fine-tuning. By searching for the closest examples with respect to the input query and adding them to prompt, it often matches the performance of state of the art fine-tuned models, providing an autoML solution that is easy to configure and adapt.
- Enhanced search endpoint – Provides the backbone for the Answers and Classifications endpoints that scales to a large number of documents while also being cheap and fast.
- Safety – OpenAI requires developers to implement safety measures such as rate limits, user verification and testing, or human-in-the-loop requirements before they move into production. OpenAI also actively monitor for signs of misuse as well as “red team” applications for possible vulnerabilities. Additionally, theirs a new developed and deployed content filter that classifies text as safe, sensitive, or unsafe.
- Prompt library – Provides starter prompt design examples for dozens of use cases that users can begin programming with directly in Playground.